February 24 2018

Ryan School Murder Case: Haryana government wants the owner to be booked

February 24 2018, 05:50 | Irvin Gilbert

Pressure on CBSE to act against Ryan International

Central Board of Secondary Education CBSE Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar Ryan International School Sohna The Ryan Group

The two officials from Haryana Police are at the campus of Ryan International School, said DCP (Zone-XII) Vinay Rathod. Raghav claimed that he was being pressurised by top officials of Ryan International School to admit that the knife used in the crime was part of the bus tool kit. Sources said that the SIT has found that most CCTV cameras in the school were not functional and that despite its high fee, the school had not constructed separate toilet facilities for students and support staff like drivers, conductors, peons, etc.

Serious security lapses in the school were even pointed out by a Special Investigation Team (SIT), that is constituted to look into the case.

The controversy surrounding the inhuman killing of seven-year-old Pradyuman while he was inside the bathroom of Ryan International School in Gurugram refuses to die down.

Guidelines for school buses include, among other things, a "school bus" label with name and number of school, not exceeding 50 kmph speed, having an escort from school travel in the bus etc.

On Friday night, the police arrested the accused, Ashok Kumar (42), a bus conductor.

A single bench of Justice A.S. Gadkari heard the transit anticipatory bail application of the family after they requested an urgent hearing, as the Haryana police was to reach Mumbai on Tuesday morning to quiz them regarding the murder in the Gurugram school last week.

Ryan International School Murder Case: following the protests of parents and residents against the school, Police has apprehended Principal and a few teachers.

Education Minister of Haryana, Ram Bilas Sharma said the government would cooperate the CBI investigation in the case.

Two students, including one from Class II-B, told the police in their statement that they saw Kumar inside the toilet just seconds before the homicide. The police were called to handle the protesters, most of whom were parents of young children enrolled in the school. "Some other pieces of evidence were also tampered with", Khirwar said.

While huge protests continued for almost 3-4 days at the school's Gurgaon branch, several other parents are coming together to form committees and lay certain basic parameters to ensure security and safety of their children.

Yesterday, the Northern Zone Head of the school chain Francis Thomas and the branch coordinator of the Bhodnsi branch - where the murder took place - were sent on a two-day police remand.

He further added, "This is the minimum time for such case". The state government and police have been asked to submit a detailed action taken report within three days.

Schools must conduct safety audits at least twice a year, say experts.

Other news